The pharmaceutical and healthcare industry faces great challenges: stricter regulation, increasing R&D and supply chain costs, and patent expiry. With growing expectations for temperature-controlled transportation, the consequence of error is magnified while budget for transportation is declining.
Kuehne + Nagel meets the demanding requirements of the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry by means of certified logistics concept. This includes, for example, the compliance with exact temperature ranges as well as the provision of special trans-shipment places and storage locations. Shipments are carried out in specific transport containers such as seafreight reefer containers and multi-zone thermo trucks.
Our KN PharmaChain seafreight service is offering you a safe and cheap alternative to airfreight through our unique worldwide GxP compliant network with certified and qualified ocean and sea carriers, SOP level trained staff, which is helping with their expert knowledge with words and deeds and web based tracking and tracing with access to all freight documents and temperature monitoring.
- GxP compliant pharma network
30 standardised GxP compliant pharma stations worldwide by end of 2016
- Global visibility, door-to-door with KN Login
24/7/365 access to shipment information and shipment documents
- Carrier and lane risk assessment
Usage of only selected and approved carriers and truckers
Individual lane risk assessment analyse for each client and lane
- Pharma specific SOPs and Kuehne + Nagel working instructions
GxP compliant and QSHE approved working instructions and SOPs for all processes
- Specialised pharma and reefer training for KN PharmaChain staff
Annual live and computer based trainings at SOP level
- In-transit temperature monitoring "Locustraxx"
In-transit shipment temperature and position monitoring, data visible via KN Login, automatic e-mail alerts for temperature deviations and delays
- Label "Plug Immediately"
Aims to reduce off-power times at terminal, raises awareness for risk of all involved personnel throughout the cold chain
- Air-to-Sea Methodology
Methodology developed to support airfreight to seafreight mode shift, uninterrupted supply during the air-to-sea conversion
- LCL pharma service
GxP compliant pharma LCL services for products at +15°C to +25°C to Singapore and Sydney
- Individual Consultancy
Reefer loading and packaging consultancy, technical reefer workshops, shipment optimization
- Reduced regulatory concern from superior compliance
- Greater peace of mind through increased reliability
- Identification of potential transport risks in advance based upon shipping requirements
- Less time spent on day-to-day operational issues
- Reduced losses due to enhanced visibility, traceability – increased customer satisfaction
- Quality by design – get it right first time!
- Total cost of product ownership optimized
- Patient needs are better served