LCL Services - Less than Container Load
The permanent change in customer requirements and the increasing number of logistics networks has significantly altered the shipment structures. This results in shorter product life cycles and fragmented order quantities of customers. As a consequence, retailers try to keep their stocks as low as possible.
Thanks to our independent network we set standards in terms of handling quality, lead-times and provision of tracking information so that any customer who does not have either the time or the quantities to consolidate their cargo up to a full container load can use KN LCL to directly ship their goods as part loads. This enables our customers to reduce inventory levels through smaller order sizes and to source from different suppliers (smaller batches).
Giving small loads the full treatment
Kuehne + Nagel operates its own dedicated container consolidation services for LCL and serves all major trade lanes. We offer seamless door-to-door services with the highest level of transit-time dependability – connecting all economically significant destinations. We combine our expertise, experience and an unrivalled combination of global reach as well as local insight to provide reliable, efficient routing, plus schedule integrity. Our focus is to support our valued customers in identifying and developing new markets – while maintaining existing ones.
Reliable expertise in seafreight consolidation
As one of the world’s leading seafreight service providers, our global LCL specialists develop tailored solutions to meet the unique needs of your part loads. You also leverage Kuehne + Nagel’s considerable market position – enabling you to optimise logistics costs and improve your supply chain efficiency.
- Self-operated consolidation container services & dedicated LCL team
- Strategically positioned container freight stations (CFS) for efficient and effective supply chain solutions
- Direct or one-stop routing with multinational gateway services
- Visibility and monitoring via myKN – our web-based data management tool
LCL: Value Added Services
- Optimisation of freight spend through smarter consolidation practices
- Improved cargo flow via lane optimisation
- Effective minimisation of risk to your freight due to continuous, stringent monitoring of all processes
- Environmentally sound, sustainable supply chain solutions to reduce CO2 emissions
We are constantly evolving our seafreight consolidation activities to ensure that our expertise and worldwide connections reflect rapidly changing supply chain dynamics.
This enables us to deliver an extremely reliable, cost-efficient method of getting your shipments to their final destination – helping you reduce inventory levels and optimise your freight expenditure.