LCL Services - Less than Container Load
The permanent change in customer requirements and the increasing number of logistics networks has significantly altered the shipment structures. This results in shorter product life cycles and fragmented order quantities of customers. As a consequence, retailers try to keep their stocks as low as possible.
Thanks to our independent network we set standards in terms of handling quality, lead-times and provision of tracking information so that any customer who does not have either the time or the quantities to consolidate their cargo up to a full container load can use KN LCL to directly ship their goods as part loads. This enables our customers to reduce inventory levels through smaller order sizes and to source from different suppliers (smaller batches).
Giving small loads the full treatment
Kuehne + Nagel operates its own dedicated container consolidation services for LCL and serves all major trade lanes. We offer seamless door-to-door services with the highest level of transit-time dependability – connecting all economically significant destinations. We combine our expertise, experience and an unrivalled combination of global reach as well as local insight to provide reliable, efficient routing, plus schedule integrity. Our focus is to support our valued customers in identifying and developing new markets – while maintaining existing ones.
KN LCL – now carbon neutral without any extra costs
As of January 2020, all KN LCL shipments are automatically carbon neutral, as part of Kuehne + Nagel’s Net Zero Carbon initiative. With every KN LCL booking you will contribute to your own environmental sustainability goals and this without any extra charge. We will offset the carbon output which we are unable to avoid within our network by investing in global, nature-based projects to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Learn more about our Net Zero Carbon Programme.
KN LCL - more than just part load logistics:
- 100 % carbon neutral LCL shipments
- Supported by independent auditing
- Invoices include full details of carbon offset
- Annual report
- Proudly tell your customers that your LCL supply chain is carbon neutral
Learn more about our Net Zero Carbon Programme.
- Self-operated consolidation container services & dedicated LCL team
- Strategically positioned container freight stations (CFS) for efficient and effective supply chain solutions
- Direct or one-stop routing with multinational gateway services
- Visibility and monitoring via myKN – our web-based data management tool
LCL: Value Added Services
- Optimisation of freight spend through smarter consolidation practices
- Improved cargo flow via lane optimisation
- Effective minimisation of risk to your freight due to continuous, stringent monitoring of all processes
- Environmentally sound, sustainable supply chain solutions to reduce CO2 emissions
We are constantly evolving our seafreight consolidation activities to ensure that our expertise and worldwide connections reflect rapidly changing supply chain dynamics.
This enables us to deliver an extremely reliable, cost-efficient method of getting your shipments to their final destination – helping you reduce inventory levels and optimise your freight expenditure.